The two most important things your homepage has to do are: capture your visitor’s attention… and keep it.
The Centric Pro theme has been designed to do exactly that, leaving you free to do the important bit… provide the message.
The gorgeous expanse of solid colour at the top of the homepage provides the perfect backdrop for you to display your message. Like sign writing in the sky it grabs your readers attention and then holds it with giant imagery and bold typography whilst directing them down the page with guided scrolling.
Centric Pro is the perfect antidote for short attention spans.
Centric is the antidote for the short attention spans. Your bounce rates will never be the same with a web design that draws readers in and delivers them down your page.
Add mobile-responsiveness and seven built-in colour styles, and Centric can be easily tailored to whatever you need.
Centric Pro theme features
Centric Pro is a modern WordPress child theme built on Genesis 2.0. It has HTML5 markup, is fully mobile responsive, has built-in SEO and features areas of bold imagery on its homepage.
In addition, Centric has the following features:
- Seven colour styles – choose the colour that best suits your brand. Choose from blue, charcoal, green, orange, purple, red and yellow. The demo site uses blue.
- Three page layouts – choose from three combinations of sidebars and content for all your pages and posts.
- Four page templates – comes with Archive, Blog, Columns and Landing page templates.
- Custom background and custom header – easily and quickly upload your own background and header images using the WordPress uploader.
- Theme options – allows you to control many of your theme options, such as Site Title, from within your WordPress admin area.
Genesis 2.0 was released in August 2013 and since then StudioPress have been updating old themes and producing new themes to be HTML5 ready.
For a full list of HTML5 ready child themes check out All the latest Genesis child themes.
Setting up the Centric Pro theme
Like all modern Genesis child themes, no coding skills are required to set up Centric Pro. Setup uses a combination of:
- WordPress native functionality – for site title, custom header, custom background, menus etc.
- Plugins – the theme demo site uses three plugins: Genesis eNews Extended, Simple Social Icons and Genesis Latest Tweets.
- Widget areas – Centric Pro has twelve widget areas: six homepage areas, primary sidebar area, four footer areas and an “After entry” area, which displays after the content on single posts. All you have to do is drag widgets into widget areas, add content and save.
When you buy Centric Pro you get access to the download area where you’ll find full and comprehensive setup instructions including screenshots and any html used in the theme. If you want to use the html all you have to do is copy and paste it.
The setup documentation covers everything you need from “Theme Installation” through to “Special Widget areas” and is broken down into the following sections:
Setup content sections for Centric Pro theme
- Pre-Installation Setup
- How to Import Demo Content
- Theme Installation
- How to Configure the Genesis Theme Settings
- How to Set the Site Title
- How to Use a Custom Header Image
- How to Configure the Navigation Menus
- How to Use a Background Image or Colour
- How to Configure the Home Page
- How to Configure the Home Section 1 Widget Area
- How to Configure the Home Section 2 Widget Area
- How to Configure the Home Section 3 Widget Area
- How to Configure the Home Section 4 Widget Area
- How to Configure the Home Section 5 Widget Area
- How to Configure the Home Section 6 Widget Area
- How to Configure the Primary Sidebar Area
- How to Configure the Footer Widget Areas
- Special Widget areas Included in the Centric Pro Theme
As you can see the setup information is thorough and comprehensive allowing you to easily set up your theme and as I said earlier… absolutely no coding skills required.
In the next section I’ll show you just how good the setup instructions are and how easy they are to follow.
When you purchase a StudioPress child theme, you’ll be given access to the StudioPress download area.
This area contains all the themes you’ve purchased plus comprehensive setup instructions for each theme including screenshots and any HTML code used in the demo site.
The setup instructions also give details of plugins and plugin settings used on the demo site.
Setting up and configuring the Home Section 3 Widget Area
Let’s take a closer look at setting up a section of the homepage: say the Home Section 3 Widget Area.
The Centric Pro theme demo site uses a Genesis Featured Posts widget, configured to display 3 posts with a 400x300px image and excerpt for each post, in this area.
The posts display horizontally across the content area.
To set up this area in your theme, drag a Genesis Featured Posts widget into the Home Section 3 Widget Area and configure as shown in the screenshot below.
Once you’ve configured the widget click the Save button and you’re all done.
For a complete overview of setting up Genesis child themes including how to import the demo site content, plugins, widget areas and how to add a blog to your site, check out my post Setting up StudioPress Genesis child themes.
Pick up your copy of Centric Pro over at StudioPress
If you’re looking for a modern WordPress theme that grabs and holds attention whilst directing visitors down the page with guided scrolling, then Centric Pro is the theme for you.
For theme details and pricing head on over to StudioPress, put Centric Pro through its paces and start giving your website the attention it deserves.
The hued minimalism above-the-fold acts like skywriting on a clear spring day. The backdrop of blue (or one of six other colours) provides a vast expanse of lush colour on which your brand’s most essential message can be written. Your eyes are drawn-in just like they are to letters written in the sky.
Hope you enjoyed the review and found it helpful and if you have any thoughts on WordPress themes in general or Centric Pro in particular, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
And if you’d like to spread the word about this fabulous theme please use my social sharing buttons.