In the Dirty Harry movie “Magnum Force” Clint Eastwood delivers one of his most iconic lines “A man’s got to know his limitations“ and how right he is.
It’s not possible to have the time, knowledge or ability to do everything yourself but it is possible to collaborate and that’s exactly what the developers of the Winning Agent Pro theme have done, they’ve collaborated.
A seasoned businessman with an unmatched knowledge of the real estate business and a talented Genesis developer have got together and produced the Real Estate theme to beat in 2014… Winning Agent Pro.
Revolutionise your online presence with the Winning Agent Pro theme – built to bring clients together with their agents.
Build your own personal brand and look great in the process. Winning Agent is perfect for showing off your personality, your community, and your real estate listings.
Winning Agent Pro developers
The team behind Winning Agent Pro
Before we dive into the details of this awesome new real estate theme let’s take a look at the developers and check out their credentials:
Richard Hartian – has more than 30 years experience in the real estate, mortgage and construction business. He knows exactly what is needed in a real estate theme to connect buyers with properties, pull in clients and make that sale.
Richard is a successful sales person and business owner who is now helping others succeed. It’s a change that has come about naturally and one that has reignited his passion for sales.
Carrie Dils – is a freelance web developer located in Fort Worth, Texas and she’s been making websites for people since 1998. She’s used a lot of web technologies over the years, but now focuses 100% on WordPress development using the love of her life… the Genesis theme famework. Carrie is also on the list of Genesis developers recognised by StudioPress.
Well I’m impressed and it looks like this team has the perfect combination of skills, knowledge and passion… so let’s take a look at the product.
Winning Agent Pro is packed with features
Winning Agent Pro is a modern WordPress real estate theme built on Genesis 2.0. It’s HTML5 enabled and fully Mobile responsive.
Genesis 2.0 was released in August 2013 and since then StudioPress have been updating old themes and producing new themes to be HTML5 ready.
For a full list of HTML5 ready child themes check out All the latest Genesis child themes.
Here’s a quick rundown of the general features that you’ll find in Winning Agent Pro:
- Fully widgetised homepage – that means setting up the homepage and the rest of the theme is just a matter of dragging and dropping widgets into widget areas and adding your own content… none of that nasty coding required.
- Four fabulous colour schemes – choose a colour scheme that best matches your corporate image and colours. Choose from gold and black, blue and green, red and grey or white and orange.
- One-click upload backstretch background image – the Winning Agent Pro theme uses a backstretch background, meaning your image will scale to fit the entire screen. An image at least 1000px in width will work best.
To set the background image on your site, from your WordPress dashboard go to Appearance > Background and Browse your computer for the image you want to use and click Upload. You don’t need to configure any other settings, just click Save!
- Three layout options – choose from three layouts for all your pages and posts. Choose from left sidebar, right sidebar, and full-width.
- Printer-friendly styles – a built-in print style sheet means that when you go to print a page or property listing off your site, you don’t get anything but your logo and the page content! No useless navigation, sidebars, or footer content – just the stuff you need on the go.
- Pre-styled content boxes and buttons – comes with built in styles for six different colour content boxes to highlight your content and there’s even styling for a button.
- Translation ready – Winning Agent Pro is localized and ready for a translator to convert it into another language. If you’ve never translated a WordPress theme and would like to know more about it, here’s a great translation tutorial.
Those are all great features, but what about the features that make this theme a dedicated real estate theme, the features that will have every realtor and real estate professional licking their lips… read on dear friends… read on.
Dedicated real estate features of Winning Agent Pro
Real estate themes are all about populating and showing off to best advantage all your listings and then making it easy for vendors to search your listings and find properties that match their specific search criteria.
Winning Agent pro has tools that make both jobs easy peasy.
Populating your listings
Winning Agent Pro allows you to populate and show off your real estate listings using either:
- StudioPress’ AgentPress Listings plugin.
- The IDX feed of your choice.
The AgentPress Listings plugin has been around a long time. It’s tried and tested and currently powers the StudioPress AgentPress theme.
IDX Integration is more involved but much more powerful so let’s take a closer look.
Winning Agent Pro and IDX Integration – the awesome bit!
Winning Agent Pro has been built to take full advantage of the latest IDX* real estate plugins, which add IDX real estate searches and MLS (Multiple Listing Service) property listings to your Winning Agent Pro theme.
*To qualify for IDX and display MLS’s listings on your website you must be a member of an MLS and approved for IDX.
IDX and why it’s important to your real estate website
In a nutshell, Internet Data Exchange, most commonly referred to as IDX, is how MLS listings (Multiple Listing Service) end up on a website.
Also known as Broker Reciprocity, IDX encompasses the policies, rules, and software that allow listings from the MLS database to be displayed publicly.
Anytime you see properties on a website that came from an MLS, it was made possible through IDX.
Most real estate agents and brokers use IDX to simply display MLS listings or home search tools on their website, but as home buyers have become more Internet-savvy, IDX has evolved to encompass more.
Agents today have the option to use basic home search tools provided by their MLS, or build more advanced IDX solutions; usually with the help of an IDX vendor.
Real estate professionals integrate IDX functionality for three main reasons:
- Automated listings – using an IDX provider eliminates the tedious process of manually entering listing data, and the IDX technology handles updating listings on your website automatically.
- Search functionality – allowing users to search live listings means that they can find everything they need without leaving your website. Your website becomes the only resource they need to achieve their real estate goals.
- Lead generation – when users are browsing live listings, they often want more information on a particular listing. When they fill out a form to obtain more information, you can capture their contact information turning a web visitor into an actual lead.
But IDX offers much more. Most IDX providers have an array of features that include some or all of the following:
- Property Search
- Advanced Property Search
- Interactive Map Search
- Walk Score Maps
- Mobile Responsive
- Quick Search Widget
- Open Homes Search
- Advanced Analytics
- Featured Properties (your own active and sold listings)
- Lead Traffic Stats
- Social Media Sharing Tools
- Advanced Customization With CSS
- Mobile CSS
- Printable Flyers
- Saved Search Pages
- Sold and Pending Listings (if provided by your MLS)
- Supplemental (Pocket) Listings
- Listing Galleries
- Featured/Saved Search/Quick Search Gallery Widgets
- Property Info Requests
- Saved Search Management
- Listing Email Alerts
- Consumer Property Organizer (favourite searches and properties)
- Contact Form
- Valuation Request Form
- Schedule Showings
- Agent Roster Page
- Agent BIO Page
- Team Pages
- Community Pages
- Manage Office Pages
Like I said, “IDX Integration is more involved but much more powerful….” maybe now you get a feel for just how powerful.
Setting up your own easy to access search criteria
The search criteria for your listings appear in the fabulous “search bar” area located on the homepage.
You decide on the criteria that vendors will find helpful when searching and you add them to the “search bar” – for a demonstration of setting up the “search bar” check out the video in the next section.
Setting up the Winning Agent Pro theme
You’re probably thinking that a theme that has the functionality of Winning Agent Pro will take a lot of setting up… well think again.
The homepage and the rest of the theme are fully widgetised so all you have to do is drag widgets into widget areas and add your own content.
This short video by Carrie Dils shows you how easy it is to set up the “search bar” area.
Setting up the rest of the theme is just as easy and when you buy Winning Agent Pro you get access to the download area where you’ll find full and comprehensive setup instructions including any html used in the theme, which you just have to cut and paste.
When you purchase a StudioPress child theme, you’ll be given access to the StudioPress download area.
This area contains all the themes you’ve purchased plus comprehensive setup instructions for each theme including screenshots and any HTML code used in the demo site.
The setup instructions also give details of plugins and plugin settings used on the demo site.
Head over to StudioPress and pick up your copy of Winning Agent Pro
If you’re a realtor using an old WordPress theme and looking for an upgrade or a real estate professional looking for a state-of-the-art theme to get started then Winning Agent Pro is where you end your search.
For details of pricing head on over to StudioPress, put Winning Agent Pro through its paces and pick up your copy today.
Hope you enjoyed the review and found it helpful and if you have any thoughts on WordPress real estate themes in general or Winning Agent Pro in particular, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
And if you’d like to spread the word about this fabulous theme please use my social sharing buttons.